LIMITED WORKMANSHIP WARRANTY
This Limited Workmanship Warranty (the “Warranty”) sets forth the warranties provided by CGB Roofing LLC, a Kentucky limited liability company, dba New Heights Roofing (“New Heights Roofing”) relating to the Work described in the Proposal and Terms and Conditions to which it is attached. Capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning given in the Terms and Conditions.
New Heights Roofing provides the following limited warranties (as applicable) on the Work, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein:
- New Heights Roofing warrants that all labor associated with the application of any dimensional shingle complete roof installation that is part of the Work will be free from any workmanship defects for a period of ten (10) years following the date of completion.
- New Heights Roofing warrants that all labor associated with the application of any EPDM complete roof installation that is part of the Work will be free from any workmanship defects for a period of ten (10) years following the date of completion.
- New Heights Roofing warrants that all labor associated with the application of any new aluminum gutter installation that is part of the Work will be free from any workmanship defects for a period of two (2) years following the date of completion.
New Heights Roofing’s obligations under this Warranty are conditioned upon Homeowner’s payment in full of all balances due. This Warranty does NOT include any roofing or gutter system failure due to defective materials. New Heights Roofing will repair any workmanship defects covered under this Warranty at no charge to the homeowner within thirty (30) working days of written notification of such defects by Homeowner and receipt of all special order materials (if any) necessary to complete such repair. This Warranty shall extend to the person or persons who originally engaged New Heights Roofing to perform the applicable Work (the “Original Customer”). Original Customer shall have the right to transfer this Warranty one (1) time only to one (1) successor purchaser/transferee of the applicable property. After the first transfer of this Warranty, if ever, this Warranty shall be deemed non-transferable at all times thereafter. Performance of repairs on any of the Work by parties other than New Heights Roofing or its authorized representatives shall void this Warranty.
This Limited Workmanship Warranty does not cover or extend to the following:
- Roofing and/or gutter systems not originally installed by New Heights Roofing.
- Alterations and/or additions to the roofing and/or gutter system, including, without limitation, utility installations, additions to the structure, and installation of satellite television dishes, antennas, or any other item in which penetration of the roofing system occurs.
- Any damage to the roofing system due to intentional or negligent acts, accident, abuse, vandalism, civil disobedience or other such occurrences, including Homeowner’s failure to use reasonable care to protect roofing and/or gutter systems from damage.
- Damage due to fire, insect infestation, earthquakes, and adverse weather conditions, including, without limitation, lightning, tornados, hurricanes, strong winds exceeding shingle manufacturer’s specifications, hail, sleet, ice dams, snow loads, and damage caused by removal of ice and snow from the roof.
- Any consequential damage to other building components.
- Any damage due to the use of chemicals, cleaners, acids, other harmful materials, pressure washing, and/or other cleaning methods using air or water under pressure.
- Damages caused by a failure of any part of Homeowner’s building components affecting the installed roofing and/or gutter systems, including, without limitation, roof substrate, roof truss, or building structural failures, wall systems, brick or mortar elements, defective or faulty chimneys and chimney chases, skylights, HVAC, and attendant systems.